Showing Foundation walls,Footings Elevation view with Solid and dashed line type

DIYAdam

Hi Forum Users

My current HD Pro project is sending Elevation views to Layout and the thought that has come to mind is how to show the Right ,Left,Front,Back Elevation with the foundation and footing shown or not shown the not shown part is easy just turn off the layers but, I still want to see solid foundation lines above grade and dashed (hidden)lines below the grade when the foundation is to be shown. Then when the foundation is not to be shown I just want to see everything above grade line.

1) Change your terrain skirt to 10'.

2) Place your elevation camera outside the terrain. This causes the foundation below the terrain to be hidden by the skirt.

3) Send to layout. Move one or more of the sides of the layout box in making it smaller.

4) Back to the plan. Move the elevation camera inside the skirt, but don't move it side to side.

5) Send to layout. This will place the two drawings in the same place, one over the other. The first one will show no foundation, the second one will.

6) Trace over the foundation below the terrain with a dashed line.

7) Select the second drawing sent. It will be larger than the first, because you resized the first in step 3. Delete it.

You now have line work representing your foundation below grade.