Multiple Backdrops

designer468

I think I know the answer, but I'm going to see if anyone has any tips for this.

Can you set two backdrops?  One for the front and one for the back?  I took a photo of our backyard and set that as the backdrop.  Looks great looking out the back windows and doors!  But that same backdrop appears for the front yard windows.  Looks odd to have a swimming pool in the front yard.  :-/  Any tricks for that?  I may just put giant bushes in front of the front windows to hide the backyard image.

Thank you David for answering this on a Sunday!

Do you mean that each camera can be configured with a specified backdrop?  I opened up the Camera object but can't see where backdrops can be specified.

Or do I have to change the backdrop via 3D - 3D View Defaults every time I switch from one camera to the next? 

15 minutes ago, designer468 said:

Or do I have to change the backdrop via 3D - 3D View Defaults every time I switch from one camera to the next? 

That's what you do. Only the very latest version of Chief (still in beta) has the ability to pair cameras and backdrops.

• 6 months later...

Seems to me we lost the capability to change backdrops in 2019.   There used to be part of the camera tool when you are working on a project that you could select the backdrop for that file.  Now, it seems you have to go to default settings to change the backdrop for everything.  Am I missing something?  Most SW tools don't drop capabilities, just change the way it's done.