Dormer depth

dbritti

I am replicating an existing room which has this dormer alcove.  I need the "ceiling' of the dormer space to be level with the main ceiling in the room.  In other words, I'd like to control the depth/height of the alcove so it lines up with the outer wall and its ceiling flows seamlessly into the room.  I only seem to be able to specify the width of the alcove.

THank you for any help!

Denise Britti

Home Designer Pro 2018

Macbook Pro

Dormer question.jpg

If that does not work, you may have to "Explode" the dormer object into its parts (walls, roof planes, window and hole in the roof poly-line) and then manually align the dormer till its ridge matches the main house ridge (a unified dormer object, unexploded cannot do this action because its hole in the roof cannot touch or go over the main roof's main ridgeline), that is the way dormer objects are programmed to work (or not work in your case). You then delete the dormers hole in the roof polyline and manually adjust the roof edges. It is a bit of work but sometimes the auto tools do not work in all cases causing you to have to manually step in.

DJP