Roof won't move - HomeDesigner Newbie

Tlcurtis2a

I am a newbie to CA HomeDesigner Pro.  

I have a basement and a first floor.  I had to move the house within the terrain perimeter and when I did, the attic walls and roof didn't move with it.

PLEASE HELP!  I can't figure out how to move them to align under the first floor.

It took entirely too long to design the roof---don't want to have to start over.

Thank you in advance!

roof line.jpg

Thanks for the replies, but I'm so new at this and even though I've watched a ton of videos, I still can't figure out how to get the roof back.  I can't hit the "back" button enough times to get it back over the house because I've done too many steps in between.

I'm using HomeDesigner Pro 2018 and I think I added that to my signature (?)---still trying to learn the "rules".

I didn't do the auto roof because we changed it to do gables and a cathedral ceiling in the main area of the cabin. It took forever to do!  Can you tell I'm frustrated?! 

What can I do from this point to get the roof (and attic walls) to get back on top of the house?  When I go to my floor plan view and try to select it, it always picks up other objects/items and really messes things up.

Thanks for any help!  

As mentioned turn auto rebuild on, click on the front wall you want to gable then open the specification box and click roof>full gable.

To get the pitch you want click the side wall(s), open it's specification box, click roof and change the pitch.

Click on the room with the gable, open it's specification box click structure and uncheck ceiling over this room.

Lastly   upload the plan

2 hours ago, Tlcurtis2a said:

I didn't do the auto roof because we changed it to do gables and a cathedral ceiling in the main area of the cabin.

The auto roof builder easily does this.

Selecting the roof planes is easy, positioning them accurately over the house is not.

I suspect that you moved the house by holding down Ctrl and selecting all the walls, and then moving the house with the edit handle?

If that's what you did, reselect them and move the house back into position under the roof.

THEN use the edit area tool to move all floors to the location that you want.

I assumed you rotated the house a bit as well as moving it to one side. 

If all you did was move it without any rotation, then you can use Point to Point Move to place the roof back over the house. You need to pick the first point where a roof baseline intersects a valley, or another baseline. If your baselines are not long enough, they can be selected and extended like any line.

A similar procedure can be used if the roof or structure was rotated, it's just more steps and a few calculations dealing with the angles.

Here is a short video (no sound) showing the procedure. The roof I'm working with was auto built, and I show that at the end. Watch it on YouTube and switch to 1080p for best viewing.