Convert file from Home Designer Pro to Home Designer Suite

JamesSym

I am in the process of designing my house in Home Designer Suite 2018.  I was not able to change the pitch on the Full Gable Roof from the default 12 to the desired 4 and 12 pitch needed for my home.   I sent the file to the support who made the adjustments for me and sent the file back in Home Designer Pro (where I can open to view but cannot change / save it). Is there a way anyone can convert this file to so I can open and continue to work on the updated file (with Gable Roof at 4 and 12) in Home Designer Suite?

Thanks,

James

Pro2--Main_House_and_Guest_House_with_hedges_temp.plan

Thanks so much Eric.  That worked and I am able to make changes / safe etc..!   I am now trying to play with roof types, and tried  every option I can think of to make the front section of the house  into a Gable Roof as well (4 and 12 pitch) , but it keeps going back to a Hip roof. Can I make the front section into a Gable Roof with an additional Gable roof section over the large picture window that jets out? (and ideally a 6" Gable  the front door as well?)  I am not a designer and open to help, ideas, suggestions etc....  Thanks so much 

Wooster_without_Gable.plan

Yes, we are remodeling.It is completely gutted now (adding apps 400 square feet). As of today, the roof is completely torn down and they are prepping to start framing floors on Monday (then walls)   We need to decide the type of doors /windows (sizes and locations)   We had plans but we just made a big change in the structural plan and now the right side of the house  (front facing) will be 10' high walls, so we will have 10' walls  in kitchen, living, dining area. The left side will stay 8' walls, so all room on left side will have 8' ceilings (front living area, spare room, small bathroom, master bath, master bedroom/walk in). We bought the software and are trying to build a 3D model so we can see what it will look like, it just doesn't look symmetrical. My wife is leaning towards an East Coast home feel and looking for ideas to pull it together (i.e. Gable Roof over the front door? Or perhaps a trellis extended to give a courtyard feel). 

Turn auto rebuild roof on, with that off, the roof will not build.The side wall(s) control the pitch of the gable.

Delete the bay window and manually build it, that way you have more control over the roof. Since there's no second floor, the first floor ceiling

ceiling heights will have to be the same, so that the roof builds correctly. Once the roof is how you want it, then you turn off auto rebuild. You

change ceiling heights by changing Ceiling (F) not Ceiling (B) with the garage being the exception.

Something like this,

5a7659a9ac40f_4pitch.thumb.png.720c6b9e0e9b62b063c23f55d5779165.png4 pitch.plan

• Upvote 1

I tried what you described above, but still could not put a Gable roof above the front portion of the house (with Bow window). And then put an Gable roof  over the bow window. (it keeps reverting to Hip roof). Once we see how that looks, we then need to decide if we want a Gable roofed porch over the front door (extended 6 feet out), a barn style roof extended  over it (again apps 6feet) , or perhaps just a  trellis? 

Here's what it looks like with a gambrel roof..

You gable the front wall, for the side wall(s) you check upper pitch and keep or lower the number, the main pitch can be from 12 to 15"

To get the gable on the front, grab the wall and drag it to make a separate bay window room, lower the bay window room and gable the

main house wall you made.

4pitch-1.thumb.png.8d141b2571797578e0d24d624f90aef3.png

• Upvote 1

Wow!  Some really amazing options. There is a sheer wall (4' wall on the front / door wall- closest to the drive way, so that may impact the window door placement. I am attaching the existing construction as per your request.  This software / your contributions have been very helpful in helping us visualize the plans, make the changes before we went down a path we couldn't correct. Do either of you do design professionally (interior design ideas as well?) Maybe I need to tap into your expertise for the entire project? Let me know

Renovation_File.zip

I love these designs. Are you doing all this in Home Designer Suite 2018?  I also loved the idea with the Gable Roof over the window/door area.  This is the idea I have been trying to  do the model for - with the full gable roof over a smaller gable roof that covers the bay window area  (likely do a project picture window instead). And then try a Gable roof over the door window area (similar to what you drew (attached) but reverse (closer to the door) and maybe a shed roof to extend the remainder (if needed to balance the look).  

untitled folder.zip

Love the look with the Gables on both sides. Gives us a little east coast vibe. (are you able to share the structure dimensions you used for this model so I can duplicate and tweak as necessary?    And yes,  we were struggling with the deck design and were considering a "California room" off the the main bedroom (with living room space- tv/fireplace on the solid wall ((left as you walk out the bedroom door), a roof structure over top, and open to the other deck area where we are looking to build in a outdoor kitchen.  (we are asking contractor to see if this is possible) If not, love the tiered deck look / flow to pergola.  And thank you again for you input and suggestions. You really get our style!  jamesandangeline@hotmail.com

Is there anyone who can take my  file ('Feb 5th' plan) file and tweak it in Home Designer Pro to look like the attached picture?  I am happy to pay someone for their services. (4 and 12'Gable)   According to Tech Support, it needs to be created/edited  in Home Designer Pro 2018 and sent back to me  unlocked so I can open and continue to edit in Home Designer Suite 2018 afterwards. (apparently, if work in done in X9, I will not be able to  do any work on it on Home Designer Suite 2018 ). Let me know what you would charge for your services.  Thank you in advance -    jamesandangeline@hotmail.com

February reno.zip

I really enjoy playing with the software and creating some designs, but am running out of time for this phase of the design and my contractor needs me to make some decisions. (I did download the free trial version, but have been struggling still with this specific design issue).  Hoping to bring / pay someone  who has more knowledge (and speed) , then once I get past the roof issues, I can settle back in and enjoy  creating the other aspects of the design /construction when it isn't so time sensitive.

Thank you. I think the issue I am having is the outside wall (right side of the house looking from the front) is going to be raised to 10' to give us a 10' ceiling in kitchen/dining/living room).  The wall running down the middle will also be 10' to allow for the 10 foot ceiling in Kitchen area.  However, the other outside wall (left side) will remain at 8', so the ceilings inside the Master bedroom and bathroom , small bath and front living room with bow window will be 8'. Once I adjust the ceiling / wall heights to reflect this, the roofs changes back to hip.  That make sense?