Roof Gables Please help!

Jasontmf

So i wanted a taller pitch on the 4 gables coming off the main house. I read all the knowledge base material and watched videos.  I half way figured it out. Although i am left with the gables not even connecting main roof at the top.

Screenshot (2).png

You just need to connect all the edges with the Join Roof Planes Tool. (Edit Toolbar, looks like 2 triangles).

Select an edge, click the Join tool (or press 2 -- the join tool shortcut) and select the edge to join it to.

You could auto build this roof by changing roof settings in the walls under the steeper roof planes.

• Upvote 1

When you manually change pitch on a roof plane, you must be aware of where it pivots. 

The default is baseline -- read up on baseline for more info.

In your case you want to pivot at the fascia, so you would lock the fascia height first, then change the pitch.

You will probably still have a problem where the lower pitch porch roof intersects the steeper roofs, and may need to change the fascia board height to get a seamless joint.

• Upvote 1

Here is a quick video -- no sound.

Start by extend the front wall across to give you a reference for drawing the roof plane.

Draw a CAD line from the ridge across to give the new roof plane something to snap to.

Draw the new plane.

Copy it and reflect about the CAD line. 

Pull the edge up.

• Upvote 1