Unable to change gable pitch without changing all

pounce

I have a plan that has an l shaped gable roof. The long direction is 12/12. The short direction is 6/12. I also have a roof over a 1st story garage that is 6/12. 

I can't seem to figure out how to simply edit the wall/roof pitch to get a different pitch for each gable end. When I open a dialog that has the full gable wall dialog item checked the Pitch options are grayed out so I cannot change them.

I would have thought that I could simply select a way, check the full gable wall check box and then set the pitch to 6/12, but I cannot.

How do you do it.

7 minutes ago, solver said:

Please update your signature with the software you are using -- 2018 what?

-----------

Your Roof Baseline is over the wall that controls pitch independent of the Build Roof dialog.

However, it does not always work, so you should become familiar with manual roof planes if you have Pro.

This is a very basic question easily answered by searching the Knowledge Base.

Consider spending time watching the videos available on YouTube.

Here is one to start with.

I gotta tell you that I appreciate the effort you put in to answer questions, but you may not realize that you come across as condescending. If its a basic question perhaps you can simply answer.  By using your canned response of pointing people at the hundreds of hours or docs and videos you are not actually helping. I've watched them. I would just like friendly help.

I followed this guide:

https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00456/building-an-l-shaped-structure-with-full-gable-ends.html

So, I can build the roof according to this, but I cannot for instance change the pitch on the short leg from 12/12 to 6/12. Can you tell me how? When I try the pitch is grayed out and I cannot edit.