Adding insulation to ext. foundation

Trueburton

I am trying to add 2-4" of rigid insulation to the exterior side of the foundation.I have created a new wall type. In the wall types dialog I can get it to dimension to the concrete layer but not build to concrete layer. How do I get it to build to the concrete layer so my framing on the floor above lines up as it should? For some reason its not allowing me to upload my plan file. Will try again if you need it.

Thanks

Capture.PNG

12 minutes ago, Trueburton said:

How do I get it to build to the concrete layer so my framing on the floor above lines up as it should?

What is "as it should"?

Will the insulation be covered?

Looking at the plan I noticed this ...

ht1.thumb.jpg.0451a811b4fe0f4a5359a08268d8ab64.jpg

On 1/7/2018 at 7:06 PM, rfcomm2k said:

@ Solver, I think he wants the upper walls to frame flush to the concrete, not flush to the insulation layer.

Correct, that is what I meant by "as it should"

The insulation will be backfilled and exposed only in a few areas where it will getting a veneer protective covering.

On 1/7/2018 at 0:11 PM, solver said:

Looking at the plan I noticed this ...

ht1.thumb.jpg.0451a811b4fe0f4a5359a08268d8ab64.jpgIgnore the "basement" level shown there I just drew up a quick drawing to reflect my issue. I am only trying to solve the area where the floor framing is bearing on the foam. I want it to be flush to the concrete and there would be a small ledge where the upper level meets the foam

2 hours ago, rfcomm2k said:

I may be wrong with this suggestion, but my way of doing this would be to go to the upper floor and re-align the outside of the wall perimeter with the foundation concrete.

The way this program is setup I don't think it will allow me to do that. Unless you have a suggestion on how to...

Open the plan and go to the foundation level (usually level 0). Now press the F9 key on the keyboard to see the reference floor. Next, go up one floor. You should now see the foundation outlined in red. Click on an exterior wall and change the temporary dimension to move that wall in by the thickness of the insulation. Repeat this for all the exterior walls you wish to change.