crazy roof or wall?

warrenwest

Wall objects are by default cuto off by the undersides of roof planes. Where no roof planes are present then the software will try to fill in under roof planes. Where you want walls to appear under roof planes you must draw them.

Whether roof planes are drawn manually or automatically their height is determined by the closest Room Specification Dialog box - Structure Tab - Ceilng Height setting or where no near by room exists, they follow that setting from "Edit Default Settings - Structure Tab - Ceiling Height" for that floor that the roof plane is created upon.

DJP

post-794-0-69896200-1412197556_thumb.png

Ok, I understand what Im reading but am unable apply this to the design :( As soon as i have corrected one problem another arises. For now the roof in the sky has been resolved ( thanks all for the input ) but now I have a sky view when viewing my staircase from below even though there is a floor above? ( I suspect it is related to the changes `i made to fix the roof ) Im stumped again.

All I'm trying to do is recreate the house as close as possible so that I can focus on my real job, which is to design the interior. The fact that the structure is technically correct is of secondary importance, it just needs to look like the real thing. I watched the training video on how to build staircases and it seems pretty straightforward and my plan seems to be ok up to the point when the stair well is created. Thats when it all goes pear shaped.

post-794-0-97927200-1412284211_thumb.png

Thank you again for the response and help, it is much appreciated. This was indeed the problem yet I don't understand why this is the case, never the less as one problem was solved another cropped up so I decided to scrap the plan and start again from scratch. So I was trying to reproduce the house so that I can finally start with the interior design but got no further than the next problem( screen shot attached )! Unfortunately when I searched for online help I was met with this message " we currently do not have any online help available for this problem ", just my luck :/ 

So once again I come begging for some forum wisdom. Please HELP ! 

your pic don't show the second floor but my guess is the stairwell has a broken wall connection around the stairwell , perhaps the railing? in 2015 you should get an indicator on the mouse cursor and a circle on the floor plan showing the bad wall which you need to manually close , then the Open below room should form and hence the stairwell. No Room mean no room definition which means no open to below designation for the stairwell.