Opening files modified in other versions of cheild architect

deepfish

Hi,  I'm new to the forums and took me a long time just to figure out how to post a question let along where, this is thus probably the wrong place.  Ill try it anyway.  I am using Home Designer Pro 2018.  I sued it to draw a home plan.  I sent the file to a firm to do the CAD drawings and for editing.  They sent me back my drawing in their version of Chief Architect for me to check etc.  I can view but cant make any modifications as I get message saying the version is different.  I cant seem to see what version they are using or anything from the file they sent back.   Chief tech support is closed today as is the firm that was editing my file, I was hoping to work on it and wondering if there is anything I can do to open it in a version I can modify ?  Thanks,

You should contact the person who created the file you are having trouble with and ask them to program the file to be "edited in Home Designer Titles", this setting is to be found in Chief Architect Premier (any Version) in "Plan Defaults" as a checkbox. Then, since you have the latest version of Home Designer Pro you should then be able to open, edit and print the .plan file in what you have presently. Chief users who do not often work with Home Designer users often make this mistake.

If you would care to, please send me the file and I will properly program it for you and return it (no charge), my email address is shown below

DJP