Floor finish material default

skeptic

The floor finish material default in my plan (for living room) is displaying as Default: Cherry - MP Plank, but Cherry - MP Plank occurs nowhere in the library. Similarly, the floor finish material default for bathroom is displaying as Default: Dust. However, Dust is only a color in the library I have, without texture. I'm confused as to why I'm seeing material defaults that don't appear to be composed of items from the library.

Thanks Eric, I've now put that info in my signature. When starting my plan I selected the Chic/Modern template, and I think this issue has something to do with that template selection. It's odd though because other material defaults clearly link to items in the library, while these floor finishes do not. For example, wall color clearly connects to a color (white) in my library. When I select wall color, the link to the exact color in my library is shown. If I select floor finish in the material defaults dialogue though, it's as if it's disconnected from any library items.

I used the program briefly a few years ago, but just upgraded.

This is the process I've followed:

Edit > Default Settings > Floors and Rooms > Current Floor > Materials > Floor Finish Default: Cherry - MP Plank > Select Material

After selecting Cherry - MP Plank, I'm taken to the library, but no materials are selected.

26 minutes ago, skeptic said:

When starting my plan I selected the Chic/Modern template, and I think this issue has something to do with that template selection

I believe you are correct.

The templates include things not available in the standard library. 

I don't understand the issue. What are you trying to do that you cannot?

I was trying to design a built-in bench for a shower. I used the stair tool > landing to build the bench. I realize there's probably a better way to do this, but I'm just playing around right now and the "landing" looked okay as a bench. I wanted to cover the bench in the same tile as the floor, and the floor is covered in the "floor finish default: Dust." I can't seem to see what "Dust" is composed of though. 

'Dust' floor tile is one of 'those' materials that comes with the software template, but does not appear to have been added to the library.

It resides in the folder: Chief Architect / Templates / Textures.  It is possible to add it to your user library.