Deck Post Footings

roquet

Hi there, I'm using HD Architectural 2018.

I attached my Plan, I am trying to build an external stairway and deck to reach the 3rd story in an awkward corner and build a deck space below. I think I've got it, but I can't figure out how to adjust the footings and posts for the stairs or the 2nd floor deck. They are just floating in mid air. How do I get them to go down into the terrain level which is midway up the foundation wall? I cannot select the footings in Architectural it would seem...

Thanks for any help!

1408 S Brook.plan

Here is an idea. I've drawn a deck on the basement level. This gets rid of the footings. It only needs to be directly under the post, so not as big as I have shown.

You could use a slab or soffit to extend the post, and draw in your own footing -- see the shapes in the library if you don't have the footing tool.

ht1.thumb.jpg.2b14c16e38bfa2709700d6cf51c4976c.jpg

Have you considered something like this? I did this quickly and would reverse the flights on each stair, I think.

ht2.thumb.jpg.e3efed8f3b19442e4691de017c0359c6.jpg

Great ideas gents, thanks! That gave me an idea to benefit from how lining up the posts can add some stability and still get access to a basement entrance currently hidden under the deck. I see what Solver did to get rid of the hanging footings, but it doesn't exactly pull the posts down to the ground, huh?  Thank you all!

1408 Deck Concept 2.jpg