Export corner (stake out) locations

crmorse

Hi,  

I'm nearing completion on my plans and would like to export the locations of all the corners so that I can go stake-out those locations on the site and verify things fit like I expect.    My plan has 20 corners, a circular turret, and a split level foundation so there are a lot more points involved than is practical to transfer manually.  Assuming, that I will be making changes in the future I'd like to not have to redo all the manual work to write down the locations.

Does anybody know of a way to export the locations from Home Designer Pro 2017?  I'm find doing so programming or scripting or data conversion if I can get the data out in any format.

Attaching my plans so y'all can verify that I'm already crazy. :-)

floorplan_1.jpg

I don't understand what type of location you are looking for.

It's common to transfer a plot plan into the software and position the house on it.

As for field layout, dimensions from the plan. Your house is nearly rectangular so a quick layout on site should be easy.

My transit software requires input as Northing/Easting from an origin point.  My build site is very hilly so what I'm trying to do is find the location that requires the least excavation.  There's no nearby street or ROW to set as an origin so I'm basically working in free space.  So that means for every point I'd have to calculate it's distance from some origin on the plan and then calculate that distance from the origin on-site. On top of that, I'm building with ICFs so I know my wall lengths will change slightly to even modulus of ICF block widths.

All I was looking for was some easy way to export the coordinates of all the corners and openings for the stake-out.  If it's not possible I'll do it the manual way. Just seems antiquated in an otherwise all digital workflow.  At least I can change the plan dimensions to feet-tenths to make entry easier. :-)

I now understand what you want to do. In the past, I have created a simple custom slab to represent the house footprint. I then create a relationally correct terrain plane based upon GPS data and then use the two objects to find the best excavation friendly location using the simple custom slab-house footprint object, which can easily be turned, raised and lowered. It would be well to keep in mind where the best views and vistas are for the potential house while doing so.

DJP