Ceiling not being created

OrSkier

I've got a second-floor room for which HD Pro is NOT creating a ceiling. "Ceiling over this room" is checked. Floor and ceiling heights are correct. I've tried deleting a separating wall (thus merging the room with the adjacent room) and then the ceiling extends into the space. When I redraw the wall, the ceiling over that room disappears again.

Plan is attached. Any ideas?

GambrelReno-BathFraming.plan

I downloaded your.plan file and the ceiling shows just fine in a full, elevation or floor camera view. So you just might want to reboot your copy of Pro and take another look afterward. The only thing I did notice that was askew was the bathroom/s crown molding sticking through the roof over just that room.

DJP

Thank you! (I figured I was missing something simple). 

Next question (let me know if I should start a separate thread): why is it building a pony wall above the ceiling at the wall line of the bath/stair? And why is it building angled top plates at one side of the gambrel, but not the other?? (see image).

FramingOverview-badFraming.jpg

5 hours ago, OrSkier said:

why is it building a pony wall above the ceiling at the wall line of the bath/stair? And why is it building angled top plates at one side of the gambrel, but not the other?? (see image).

Because when you built framing the ceiling height was incorrectly input and framing, unless you have it marked "Auto-rebuild framing" will not update after a room dialog box change has occurred. The software just does what it is told or not told to do, it is strictly mechanical and not intuitive.

DJP