Mixed Pitches on Gabled Roofs at 90°

Britt_P

Hello.  I am using Home Designer Suite 2018 (64 bit) and am trying to modify my roof.  My "L" shaped cottage has a gabled roof on the right wall with a low pitch of just over 3".  The front wall on the left side is gabled with a pitch of about 12" (not exactly).  The peaks of the two gables meet at the same elevation so neither pitch is exactly standard.  The porch has a very low slope on it that is almost flat sloping from it's intersection with the right side roof to the front.  I don't think I am going to be able to correctly model this roof with my program and was wondering if I upgrade to Home Designer Architectural will I be able to do what I want?  The attached file shows where I am presently.  I was on the Chief Talk page and told to post here and that perhaps Jo_Ann might be able to help me. :)  Thanks much.

22 E Earle St basic+3 roof.plan

Please post a photo of your home, several from different sides would be optimum.

Observations of your model:

I do not see any "L" shape to it as you have said except if the porch did actually have a shed or lower pitched roof as you say, then and only then an "L" shape might then appear.

1 hour ago, Britt_P said:

if I upgrade to Home Designer Architectural will I be able to do what I want? 

Most probably not, you, I believe would need to upgrade to Home Designer Pro, the roof design tools of Suite and Architectural are equivocal, only HD Pro offers full custom-manual roof design tools, which seem to be indicated at least until I can see photos of your existing home.

DJP

If this is what you want, then...

First: Open the toolbar roof icon and reset pitch to 6" (leave 'auto build roof' checked).
2nd: Open the porch room and uncheck 'roof over this room'.
Next: Break the wall as shown (move the bath window out of the way 1st).
Designate yellow walls as 'gable', and also the 2 side railings of the porch.
Set the 12" pitch on the 2 exterior walls (as shown).
Open the front railing of the porch: Set the pitch to 1".  Put a check in the 'upper pitch' box, set 'in from baseline' to 88".
Open the porch room again, and lower the 'finished ceiling' to 97".  Put the check mark back in the boxes 'roof over this room', 'ceiling over this room', and 'use soffit surface for ceiling'.

Britt_P roof.JPG

Britt_P roof 2.JPG