Displaying cabinet dimensions in fractions of inches

scott_v

My cabinets labels are displaying dimensions rounded to the nearest inch. For example a wall cabinet that is 33.5" wide and 36" tall displays as "W3436". I need my cabinet labels to display fractions without having to manually override the label for each cabinet.  How do I do this?

1 hour ago, solver said:

Upgrade to Chief.

Chief Premier also does not display cabinet labels in fractions (an industry-wide convention). I always dimension my cabinets in both plan and in wall elevations. Since the cabinet industry, especially commercial cabinet shops manufacture their cabinets in 3" increments, where only the necessary spacers of fillers are then sized as necessary to fit, All the local custom cabinet makers do this as well. They also make their own measurements and drawings along with mine. You can do as you wish and want what you want, I am just saying that upgrading to Chief etc is not actually an "answer" to your complaint.

DJP

I'm a custom cabinet maker and always spec custom cabinets to fit the need rather than follow the dictates of industry convention.  My fillers are typically incorporated into a stile thus become one with the cabinet W dimension.  My current project is designing a narrow u-shaped galley kitchen where small fractions become significant.  I have the option to manually create labels and will do that.

I had to chuckle at the suggestion that one should purchase a $2,000 upgrade to solve a labeling issue.

Thank you for your replies.