Building Heights and Wall Make Up

RatherBeMaking

Hi

I have just downloaded HD Pro 2018 Trial and am trying to get my head around the software.   It looks great, we have land to build a house and separate workshop building.  To learn this software, I want to draw the workshop building in HD Pro.  If I can get my head around this software, we will use it for the whole house exterior and interior.  There are a couple of things that have me stumped so far...

Firstly, is there a way to set the maximum height of the building.  Due to building code I can't go above a certain height.

This is a single floor stick frame building with shed roof on a monolithic slab.  The architecht has specified the wall starts with 2 courses of brick with the framed walls on top of those bricks.

How do I draw this in HD Pro.  Do I have to build it as a 'floor'?

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, RatherBeMaking said:

irstly, is there a way to set the maximum height of the building.  Due to building code I can't go above a certain height.

That is controlled by how many floors you create and the pitch you select for the roof. The way to check that is to create an exterior elevation camera view and then measure the results with dimension tools. Most permit authorities allow enough vertical space for most purposes and set limits so someone does not build an outrageously tall structure that would tend to stand out in a neighborhood. The software does not do that, you do, using the software's tools as above.

2 hours ago, RatherBeMaking said:

How do I draw this in HD Pro.  Do I have to build it as a 'floor'?

All of your possible questions cannot be easily answered here, at this forum. The vast majority of answers will come from you, and your self-study of the software and its tools in the provided "Users Guide", "Reference Manual" and "Training Videos". Links to those free resources can be found under the "Help" menu when the software is active.

DJP

Thanks for your help.

I have worked out how to make the pony wall sit underneath my framed walls.  However, something strange is happening.  The brick pony wall appears to extend into the concrete slab?  

2017-12-10_1148.thumb.png.e27bed63cb004cbd078402bb1737852f.png  2017-12-10_1145.thumb.png.eca1bf37e778b97703ebc37f2ee79380.png

Edited by RatherBeMaking
different question