Printing Layouts or Blueprints

Jim_Syd

Hi 

Apparently, I should have read about the capabilities of each version of the program a bit better. I bought the Architectural version of Home Designer and love it. I am trying to draw out plans for a "mother-in-law" apartment my backyard. The program is great so far.

The issue is that I want to be able to print full plans to turn over to the city (I live in Texas) so that I can begin construction during the first of the new year. I understand now that Pro is the only version that prints layouts or full blueprints. Does anyone know if I will be able to print out everything I need to meet most Texas City requirements or will I need to go to Pro to do this? Also, I noticed that Pro can be "rented" for $49 per month. Will I be able to use the files that I have generated in Architectural in Pro and then just build my layouts and print those off? I certainly can and will check with my local city permit department to make sure, but just trying to figure out if I will most likely need Pro and can use it to complete full layout for construction.

Thanks

Jim

2 hours ago, Jim_Syd said:

Does anyone know if I will be able to print out everything I need to meet most Texas City requirements or will I need to go to Pro to do this?

Call your local Permit authority to find out their requirements first to see if Architectural or Pro will do what you want.

Pro can print scaled drawings up to 18" x 24" paper, so does Architectural. The big difference is that Pro offers a virtual piece of paper to layout drawings at different scales per printed page and allows space for a title block per printed scale, whereas Architectural does not. All views from Architectural will have to display the same scale per printed view.

Architectural can show a title block but it must be added as text and images to each printed view.

https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/videos/watch/2296/layouts.html layouts in Pro

Layouts in Architectural: 

DJP