Hanging Fluorsent Drop Light in Garage with no Ceiling

PaulNDebbie

I'm working with Home Designer Suite 2018

I have both a garage and a work shop with a roof, but no ceilings.  How can I put in a hanging fluorescent lights that will hand down from the ceiling and not take the roofs angle? 

Anyway to make an invisible ceiling? 

2 hours ago, PaulNDebbie said:

Anyway to make an invisible ceiling? 

Why would you want to do that?

You simply place the lighting symbol where you want it in plan view and then adjust it height from the floor in a camera view. With the garage's ceiling turned off, the lighting fixture should then seek out the bottom of a roof plane which now visually defines the vaulted ceiling.

DJP

• Upvote 1

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 5:20 PM, solver said:

1) Please fill out your Signature -- see below.

2) Did you open the light and change Offset From Ceiling?

--------------

It helps if we know what title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2014, 2015 etc) you are using. You can add this info to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left. Doing so makes it always available, and this info is often key to providing a good suggestion

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

First line of my question tells you "It helps if we know what title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2014, 2015 etc) you are using. "

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 7:34 PM, DavidJPotter said:

Why would you want to do that?

You simply place the lighting symbol where you want it in plan view and then adjust it height from the floor in a camera view. With the garage's ceiling turned off, the lighting fixture should then seek out the bottom of a roof plane which now visually defines the vaulted ceiling.

DJP

Thank you.