Views Locking Up

BlackHawk

I seem to be running into a problem with HDA Build 19.3.0.49 x64 in that when I create a view and close the last one, the main document hangs.   I cannot do anything on it.   If I create two views, I can close all but the last one and it is fine.    It seems to be only the last one causing the problem.

Also, if I try to tear off a tab onto another screen, I get the same problem.

Anyone else experience this?   Know of a workaround?

In case anyone is interested or it applies to them:

I have logged a case with Chief Architect and they replied that the problem appears to be with NVidia drivers after the May release.   May and earlier seem to work but from that point on NVidia did something that broke HD/CA.    I am trying to get more information about what specifically it was so that we can watch for an update from NVidia.

For the meantime, I am using the NVidia control panel to force it to use my integrated GPU (which is the Intel 620).    Obviously not ideal, but at least it works.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having a similar issue.  Although it also appears randomly when selecting objects from the Library Browser also (not consistently, but from time to time it causes what seems like a product hang but the top menu continues to work).

I have tried switching from my nVidia card (GTX950M) to the built in one (whatever is in the Core i7 these days).  Choppy 3D but when I try to close the 2nd to last view pane it has the same "hang" on video for me.

I have submitted a case also.  Will keep an eye on this thread.

Well, I just got a response from support about my issue and it seems it's the same problem.  There is another work around.  Download and re-install an older version of the nvidia drivers May 2017 or earlier.  These drivers are not affected by the update Windows pushed out that broke the current drivers.  The link to the drivers I was given was:

https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/119403

I would go to the geforce site and look for the specific drivers for your card and re-install.  It's much faster than the intel GPU on my system.

Hope this helps.

Colin...

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to have a similar issue, when using my Nvidia GeForce GTX 950M, when launching the program I get an error about my video card not being compatible and then the program closes. This was working until last week, I am able to overcome the issue by reverting back to my CPU graphics. I will be opening a case with Support and will add any updates.

Video Card Doesn't Meet Requirments 1.JPG

• 2 months later...

Support confirmed an issue with Nvidia drivers, they were sorry but identified the driver having an issue with technology used in 3d rendering beyond just the HD software.  They were sympathetic and suggested going to an older driver. I couldn't be more pleased with an email I got, after the case had been closed they reached out to let me know Nvidia solved the issue with a driver update and if I had any issues they asked me to reach out to HD's support.