Story and a Half with wrap around porch and gable ends

ncochran

I'm trying to figure out how to create a wrap around porch roof that is tied into the main roof of a story and a half. I want gable ends on the main roof. If I "ignore second story" in the roof menu then I can't keep my gable ends as shown. If I use the second story for the roof then I can't tie the porch roof in. By "can't" I mean I don't know how. Can anyone point me to some references? Or explain how I may be able to get this done? 

Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 6.38.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 6.39.17 PM.png

No one can help you with certainty unless you share with us, what software application you are using. Home Designer has half a dozen different titles; each has differing abilities relative to roof design. The first place to look is in the "Build Roof Dialog - Roof Styles Tab" where how to auto-generate each common roof type is described.

DJP

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I'm using HD Suite 2016. I can assign a gable roof type when the second floor is ignored. However it will only allow placement of the gable at the outside of the porch..... Upon further research this seems what I want may be called a "dutch hip". Maybe Suite doesn't have the capability? Anyone know of a work around?