Roofing Layout Issues

HewnedCabins

Hello All,

Intent, Accurately layout my house so I can remodel/design a new second floor.

My home is a cape cod story and a half. I am having issues getting the roof to layout correctly. I need to get it accurate for room layout purposes. I have attached a few pictures of the actual house and the current state of my layout. My biggest issue is  the front layout, between the entry roof line and one of the hip line intersections. I am using HD Architectural 2018. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Front Elevation.JPG

exterior front.png

1st Floor Plan.JPG

2nd floor plan.JPG

I was able to get this to work  (with auto build roof)  by adding a 3rd floor.  
1st add the second floor over the entry, but make it shallower, and extend it into the room to the west.  Then build the 3rd floor  (blank plan) over the 2nd floor entry room, and align the walls.  Set the gable wall roof.
Next, lower the ceiling heights of each ENTRY room, beginning with floor 1. Ceiling heights are represented by the colors shown: floor1-green.  floor2-orange. floor3-blue.  attic-gold.
You just need to play with your settings until ALL the roof is correct.  ONLY THEN should you turn off auto build roof, and delete a lot of the unwanted extras, and raise the intended ceiling height.
Don't be tempted to start adding interior walls and other stuff until the entire roof is correct!

HewnedCabins house.JPG

HewnedCabins house floor.JPG

• 6 years later...
On 11/21/2017 at 12:30 PM, Jo_Ann said:

I was able to get this to work  (with auto build roof)  by adding a 3rd floor.  
1st add the second floor over the entry, but make it shallower, and extend it into the room to the west.  Then build the 3rd floor  (blank plan) over the 2nd floor entry room, and align the walls.  Set the gable wall roof.
Next, lower the ceiling heights of each ENTRY room, beginning with floor 1. Ceiling heights are represented by the colors shown: floor1-green.  floor2-orange. floor3-blue.  attic-gold.
You just need to play with your settings until ALL the roof is correct.  ONLY THEN should you turn off auto build roof, and delete a lot of the unwanted extras, and raise the intended ceiling height. learn more  roof repair Annandale Va
Don't be tempted to start adding interior walls and other stuff until the entire roof is correct!

HewnedCabins house.JPG

HewnedCabins house floor.JPG

I really appreciate to you on this quality work. Nice post