Flat roof

DSKray

In HD Pro 2018, I have built a house on which I want to generate a flat main roof and flat front and back roofs.  I succeeded with the flat roofs for the front and back but not with the flat roof on the main part of the house.  I made the side walls gable walls and the front wall the high wall.  On the back wall, I set the pitch to 2 in 12.  The roof still remains hip style rather than shed style.

The house has some architectural anomalies because I am trying to model an existing house.    In particular, there is an interior wall of brick (which was the original rear wall) wall where an extension was built on the back.  Also, the long side walls are brick in most of their length but siding walls towards the back in the addition.  Are these architectural anomalies preventing the creation of a flat roof? 

House plan-existing-v2 save6.plan

I have had some luck simulating flat roofs by adding another story to the area in question and making that story a balcony.  Then make the walls on the balcony invisible in the "wall specification" dialog.  The floor of the balcony then becomes your roof surface and adjust your floor framing to reflect whatever ceiling rafters you need.  

See attached image as an example:

Hillside House.jpg

Thanks much for the suggestions!  I attempted to use the manual roof tools and was able to get the desired roof shape (a "flat roof" with 2-in-12 pitch).  However, the roof is too low in the rear, cutting into the ceiling of the second floor.  I can't  find any way to adjust it.  Any suggestions?  Is it because one of the interior walls near the back is a brick wall (the original rear wall before an addition was added) and HD is treating it as the present rear wall?

House plan-existing-v2 save7.plan

To raise a roof plane manually can be done in two ways: One: in an elevation, camera measure the distance that shows how too low the roof plane is and then use that figure to raise the roof plane manually using the "Transform-Replicate" tool to raise the selected roof plane by the measured figure. You place the amount you wish to raise or lower the roof plane in the "Move" input box for the "Z" axis and then click "OK" to raise the selected roof plane. or

2: You can open the roof plane specification dialog, lock the roof pitch input (so the roof pitch is not changed) and then add your measured value to raise the roof plan to the "Base Line Height" input box value. Both methods work.

DJP