Default roof materials not getting used when building roofs

AlvarD

I can't seem to get the roof default materials to apply to roofs in my plan. Attached are the plan and two pics showing what I have the roof default materials set to, and what the materials that actually get built, from one of the roof planes. I have deleted all the roofs and re-built them with auto-roofs, and they still keep the materials from the "fasci_prob_roof_mat.jpg" file, rather than the default roof materials from "fasci_prob_roof_def_mat.jpg" file.   What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,

Alvar

fasci_prob_roof_def_mat.JPG

fasci_prob_roof_mat.JPG

fascia_prob_plan.zip

6 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

There are the "Materials" settings on the "Build Roof" Dialog - "Materials" tab, and there is in "Edit - Default Settings - Materials - Roof", both of these settings must be in agreement for you to get what you want, see to it.

I believe these are the same -- that is 2 ways to access the same roof defaults.

The Materials settings are in agreement between both the  "Build Roof" Dialog - "Materials" tab" (attached pic), and the "Edit - Default Settings - Materials - Roof", which is what I first posted and has the "Roof Defaults" in the upper left. 

As far as which part of the roof is wrong, for example the fascia, which is showing as "Beige Ribbed Metal" instead of the default which I current show as "Default: Log End". Yes, I know Log End is crazy but I tried a lot of different ones and I just wanted to see if anything different than the "Beige Ribbed Metal" would take.

fasci_build_roof_materials.JPG

Indeed at one time I had painted onto parts of the roof like the fascia, and I was hoping that the program would be able to override that with new materials from the roof defaults when I deleted all the roof planes and rebuilt them, but apparently not. 

It seems like the software can't find where that material is located.

There are other things that needs to be looked at, the outdoor shower is not connect to the house, connect it and set the room type

to Slab and room name to outdoor shower, does the ceiling height have to be 13'?

There's no foundation? and the first floor is just a garage and alot of empty space, is that the design of the house?

By the pool there's a open space, if somebody were to fall it's gonna hurt, delete the invisible wall  and drag the rail to complete the deck.

For the Pool, draw a wall so that it appears, and the deck surrounds it.

I turned auto rebuild roof on and nothing changed, except the extension went away. That means you built the house correctly.

The current plan is still in development, so things like the outdoor shower aren't finished.  It's just something the homeowner wanted me to show in the plan, but we aren't sure where it will end up going yet.

This is a beach house which will be built on pilings, so the ground floor isn't habitable as it's in a flood zone. It doesn't even have to be enclosed, but we will just for looks. 

The pool will be an infinity-edge pool, which is why there's one side with no railing! 

Got it, but still I don't think it will be built that way, you have the Pro version of the software which can build the house

to how it will look.

Take a relook at the pics that were uploaded, you have two different default settings.

Is this how the pool will look? If so,  make the pool a standalone, rename to slab and drop the floor to how deep you the want

the pool to be. Use a box shape and make it the size of the pool and raise the height to where you want it and add the water

material.

Pool.thumb.PNG.848875f76bbe4cac40abc18fdbc7e1a2.PNG