modifying cabinets for appliances

diyDehnel

What options are available to modify a base cabinet.  I have downloaded 3ds files of appliances but no where can I find an option to set to adjust how they work with cabinets.  They simply push the cabinet out of the way or if you overlay them you see parts of the cabinet through the appliance.  Is there some Boolean tool for cutting a cabinet so it will look as if the appliance is properly installed in it?

2016 Pro

Thanks

You click on the face of the cabinet, and click> Item type>opening.

When you download from a third party the symbol don't work to well , your better off using what 's in the library and

the manufacture's catalogs that you get from the Homedesigner site.

28 minutes ago, diyDehnel said:

See how sink is not automatically cutting away the base cabinet, I had read another post about making a cavity in the base cabinet when this occurs but it did not explain what tool to use to do this.

Are you asking about the countertop?

Imported symbols don't work like the ones built into the program.

What about the thing to the left? It looks like a free standing appliance that does not fit in a cabinet.

Thanks everyone, so there is no way to manually cut a cabinet to create a cavity that you could locate the appliance in?  Is that what I am hearing.

Correct about the other appliance too, I did figure out a workaround for that one with partitions and a custom counter top.  

4 minutes ago, diyDehnel said:

so there is no way to manually cut a cabinet to create a cavity that you could locate the appliance in?  Is that what I am hearing.

Yes, you create an opening in the cabinet face. Specify it as Appliance if you want something to auto insert, or just an opening to manually position something.

Again, are you asking about the countertop, or cabinet, or both?