Duplicate pages when printing

GeertDC

I'm trying to print a layout sheet but, no matter what I try, it always prints two identical pages.

The Layout sheet is set to ANSI B (11" x 17")

The paper size is also set to ANSI B (11" x 17")

I'm using the "Save As PDF" function in HDP 15

See screenshot below:

post-519-0-35378100-1411329519_thumb.png

What am I missing ?

Correct. Both the Drawing Sheet Setup and the Print Layout are in landscape.

post-519-0-04868400-1411384705_thumb.png

If it wasn't, I would have expected part of the drawing to be on page 1 and the rest on page 2.

Here I'm getting two identical pages, as if the Copies Option in the Print Layout dialog has a built in x2 multiplier.

In the case of a PDF you can merely discard the copy with no real loss to your production. What scale do you have the drawing sheet set to (I wonder) and at what scale did  you send the views to your layout?

In such cases the cause will always trace back to an incorrect setting somewhere, and it is your job to find it and correct that errant setting, this generality works in all cases.

DJP

I am guessing Geert as I don't have HD Pro 2015 , still in Pro 10 , like David Scale would of been my next suggestion , unless it is a bug introduced in the last patches as I think they made changes to how the PDF Print function works , might be worth calling Tech Support...

M.

I submitted a problem ticket with Tech Support. This is a bug that was fixed in a recent update. The solution provided was to rename the templates folder, which forces it to rebuild using the latest version. Here is what Tech Support had me do to resolve the problem:

1. Save your work and exit out of Home Designer Pro
2. Within Windows, navigate in to the Documents folder
3. Locate and open the Home Designer Pro 2015 Data folder
4. Right click on the "Templates" folder and select Rename
5. Rename this folder to Templates OLD
6. Re-launch Home Designer Pro

That fixed it for me. You will need to download and apply the latest update before doing any of the above.

Note that this only fixes newly created Layout files. The workaround for existing Layout files is to only print page 1 of 2, as
gord_crow suggested.

For the record, the ticket number is 41486

• Upvote 1