2 Roof Styles in one 2 story Structure

TiffanyH512

I have a two story house, with a dormer in one bedroom and a full height ceiling in the remaining rooms on the second story. How do I create the type of roof that incorporates these two different roof styles (1 1/2 story & 2 story) without changing the entire 2nd story roof style or height? I try to create a 1 1/2 story roof for the dormer bedroom, but then I don't know how to change the roof designs (& ceiling heights) of the other rooms on the 2nd story without changing the roof/ceiling height in the dormer room. What is the best way to attain two different roof styles on one structure? Thank you!

Heffernan_Residence.plan.zip

IMG_0627.JPG

IMG_0147.JPG

Because you have Pro, I'll recommend you use its manual roof tools.

After getting the roof correct -- not worrying about the dormer, turn off auto rebuild and reshape the roof planes as required.

Then, draw in a roof to cover the dormer.

ht1.thumb.jpg.5a18b3078ce4c3b3a133972dac54e5b4.jpg

First uncheck "Ignore 2nd Floor" that's why the roof didn't build.

The right side wall for the Porch needs fixing up.

Delete the Retaining wall and use a Terrain Wall.

Delete the Pool that's 3" high LOL and use the terrain feature

Size it to how you want it and make the height - 72 or more and change the concrete to what you want.

Make another terrain feature making it larger than the pool and check "clip overlapping terrain features".

Use a Box shape and place it inside the pool and size it, drop it down to -65 and raise the height to where you want it

then add a water material.

On the second floor there are exterior walls with siding and interior walls as exterior walls, make them the same as the first floor walls.

The stairs can't find the second floor room, because it's not there, make that a room, delete the attic walls and interior wall, create the stair well

then make the space next to it Open Below. Turn on the reference and see what walls are aligned.