I am stumped

BobJax

Hi Folks,

I am trying the 90 day trial and can not understand how to measure and place the walls.

Basic example:

Say house is 36 ft deep and 52 ft wide. This is kinda a weird example, but for discussion, say I want to draw a wall all the way across, left to right, at 16 ft from the front inside wall.

I slide the wall starting point, on the left wall, up and down but there is no way I can determine how many feet off the front inside wall the new wall is.

In another CAD program I am testing, I can pre-draw the dimension and place the wall against the dimension, but this program does not seem to allow you to do a dimension that just stops.

I know there is a VERY easy way of knowing where you are placing walls or no would buy this software.

Please tell me, how do I know where (dimensions) the new wall will be placed. Also how do I make it always show FT and INCHES?

No more thing, in the training video the speaker says to change the wall parameters, click something, then a box will open and adjustments to the wall parameters can be made. I can't find what to click.

Thanks very much!

Bob

Be aware that you are testing HD Pro , and while dimensioning etc is the same in all HD Titles some features of Pro won't be available if you buy a lessor Title later.

You can use the Point to Point Dimension tool to place dimensions if needed anywhere desired

Usually you draw the wall then select the wall and use the temporary dimensions to place it exactly ( exactly will depend on your Dimension Defaults ie main layer or surfaces)

You can Open a wall's dialog box (DBX) by double Clicking it , right clicking it and choose open , or selecting it and using the open icon on the edit toolbar and then change any of it's parameters.

You may need to set/change your Dimension Defaults "Rounding Method" and "accuracy" , and the Format tab will give you FT and Inches rather than just inches just use the drop down menu. All in Edit>Defaults>Dimensions or double click the Icon that looks like a Wrench.

M.