Product Selection

hue34402

I am an interior designer that has previously used CAD and I was recommended this program.  I create floor plans, add furnishings, lighting, and sometimes have jobs where I need to create a floor plan and create a plan for a remodel/adding walls/etc/cabinetry/elevations.  I downloaded the trial version of the architectural version, but I'm wondering if the Home Designer version would work for all these things as well.  

6 minutes ago, hue34402 said:

I downloaded the trial version of the architectural version, but I'm wondering if the Home Designer version would work for all these things as well.  

People seem to start with Suite, although its limitations would be very frustrating to me. 

Architectural has more features, but they mostly relate to structure -- defining new wall types, for example.

Pro has even more tools, and allows you to manually create ceilings and roofs.

If you are successful in your business, and willing to invest much more money, consider the Chief Architect products (Interiors and Premier). 

You may always upgrade by paying the difference in price from your software to the higher priced version.

Pro, and the Chief Architect branded products have a rent to own feature too.