Adding Key Frame

sgcossette

I am using HD pro 2014. The reference manual indicates I should be able to add a walkthrough key frame by clicking on the add key frame tool, then clicking on the walkthrough path. However, when I do this, nothing happens. The path currently has a key frame at the start and end and will work as a path when I record a walkthrough video, so everything seems to be working correctly except the ability to add a new key frame. Any suggestions? Thanks!

47 minutes ago, sgcossette said:

I should be able to add a walkthrough key frame by clicking on the add key frame tool, then clicking on the walkthrough path

Click the path, click the Key Frame tool, click on the path to place it.

I tested in Chief Premier, but should work the same in Pro.

Thanks for the quick reply. I assume you noticed that I put the information you asked for in the message body. Do I need to put it in the signature too?

I agree what you described should work according to the manual, but it does not. When I click on the path after clicking on the add key frame icon, all it does is highlight the path.  I have contacted technical support as well, but I am sure they will classify this as a 'user training issue'.

Just to follow-up. I found the problem, but don't know the solution. When I take a plan created with HD Pro 2014, create a walk-through path from scratch, I can add key frames to my heart's content. However, I was trying to use this feature (for the first time) on a plan I originally created with an earlier version (I think HD 8), which I have been editing with HD Pro for a while with no problem. I created this walkthrough path by drawing a spline and converting it. One or the other of those makes the 'Add Key Frame' feature not work. I may try redrawing the path to see if that works, but I spent quite a bit of time on it the first time!

Anyway, FYI