Window opening in a masonry wall

Jim_Robillard

Thanks LawB10. Still not an accurate representation of a masonry (block) wall with openings. Using the wall or half-wall tool sets the base of the wall at the level of the slab instead of on grade and most walls are around 5 - 6' tall. I think that the fence tool will work if I select solid rather that panel type. Not accurate in terms of materials but a reasonable facsimile visually. 

Once again you will not be able to put a window or opening on a fence, the software will not allow it, as you will see...

You're using Suite, which doesn't come with a slab, you can create the look of an opening using soffits and shapes

but you can"t add a window or a door just a material.

The work around is what I have shown. You use a doorway or a pass thru, once again, create a room and name it slab, uncheck

roof over this room. Turn off  auto rebuild foundation, and change it to monolithic slab, open the room and lower the ceiling height to 72 or 60"

and c and d to -6 or 8. To get the block wall, click on the walls and change them CMU (block) and paint them.