Extend roof on first floor

GroverJR

I am building a saltbox style design but would like to have the roof line extend on the first floor as shown in the image. But, if I align the second floor wall over the first floor wall, the "extension" part of the roof. I have included a sample .plan file in case someone can give me help.

Thanks!

sample.jpg

sample.plan

Hi, Solver and thanks for the reply.

There are a few problems with this solution (I tried it already): the roof lines won't match unless I adjust the room height, even then the overhang extends beyond the roof line on the second floor, and also the floor of the "invisible front room" creates a porch-like area that I don't want.

If you can make it work with the provided sample file, let me know... :-)

Well, it is definitely getting there. I didn't think about the Open Below to handle the floor, but as you can see in the picture some siding is still showing (odd, huh?) and also when I align the overhangs the overhang over the attached garage vanishes! I've attached the sample for you to look at. Thanks again for the help!

UPDATE: Ok, I changed the foundation to slab and that took care of the lower siding problem. Now if the garage overhang lined up everything would be great.

sample.plan

sample2.jpg

Edited by GroverJR
Updating