Need Help!

Nistafy

Help!  I have a rogue roof overhang coming out of a two story at the one story level.  It shows in the floor plan on floor 1 as a green dotted line.  I cannot select it, nor can I get rid of it!  Help me to get rid of it!! Please......

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 6.08.02 PM.png

Yes, posting your plan file is what I was wanting. There are so many interrelated settings it's really the only way to look at many problems.

As for your roof. It is caused by the raised ceiling -- above the dining and below the master.

I don't know why the roof is generated, and I don't know what you are wanting to model -- your ceiling heights etc, so cannot be much help.

I want the lower ceiling over the kitchen and the higher ceilings over the dining/music....  If I change that ceiling to be lower as the kitchen is, the roof panel is still there, so I do not think that is the cause... I have tried deleting the entire alcove and re-building it, it keeps showing up

Thank you for your help.  I am new at this, and am learning as I go... I deleted the room divider wall between dining and music and it disappeared.  I still have my stepped ceiling which is good.   Now if I can figure out how to put a roof over a deck that is a different pitch than the default roof pitch... 

First, uncheck invisible for all walls, and use doorways.

On the second floor delete the walls that's over the first floor bathroom they are not needed.

To get rid of the roof problem, move the Master bedroom wall to the right about 3" or so.

If you raise the ceiling heights on the first floor, you raise the floor heights on the second floor, which means

you have to draw stairs to get to the door.