Shed Roof Help

ScoobyDoo

I'm using Home Designer Suite 2017 and can't get one roof to go the direction I want.  Both side walls are full gable walls and the one that is sticking way up is a high shed wall - the same as the bump-out next to it.  No idea why it's going that direction.  I tried changing the short indented walls from full gables to nothing and then both the bump-out roofs slant sideways instead.  I also tried adding a deck in between - that fixes the problem, but we don't want a deck there and need to show a more "interesting" roof for our Design Review Committee to accept it, which is why we want it to indent there.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Screenshot (22).png

Please check you signature -- it's not showing.

Start by removing all the roof settings in walls.

Edit>Reset To Defaults

Start at the left end and one by one, set the walls to Full Gable and High Shed Gable.

Drag the wall across to the right to close the gaps.

ht1.thumb.jpg.5ddba9baa45aeb2177c1f2f7e30fffb8.jpg

I extended a couple of walls, but not sure it's needed.

ht2.thumb.jpg.ff187cfed226bf1e4435ae9a852831b3.jpg

Is this what you are wanting to do???  If so uncheck the high shed wall...

To fix for gaps on the high shed walls, build a second floor and check make new blank plan, then draw two single walls and

use the room divider tool to create a room, gable the side walls and make the front wall high shed, and lower the ceiling heights to

24" or so. Once that is completed, turn off auto rebuild roofs and delete the walls or keep auto rebuild roofs on and make the rooms

open below.

Hope you don't mind some changes I made....

zipkit1.thumb.png.62297480c3bbdaebe119d23acc6cc844.png59c166230d454_zipkit1.thumb.png.7cf12e249adda94fbd918ee2d4e76590.pngZipKit3-1.plan