Lighting Issues

tribalco

Hello, working in Interior Designer, I am having a lot of trouble with lighting. Everything looks flat, no highlights or spill on walls or desks. Does the Interior program have the highlights and shadows that I see in other gallery images? I have tried recessed light, table lights, pendant lights, fan lights, all seem to make very little difference in the scene. Do I need to upgrade to Architectural, or Pro to get better results? Thanks.

• 7 months later...

I have found that Chief Architect has a very limited variety of light fixtures in their library.  I tried to download a SKP light fixture.  When I imported it into my floor plan, it was upside down and I was unable to flip it either in Home Design or in my TurboCad.  I previously created the look that I wanted in my cad program and saved it as a 3ds object.  It looked good and loaded good.  Now, how on earth do you turn it on?  The lights from the library have an icon at the bottom of the window to turn them off and on but not my fixture.  Does the 3ds file have to be set up as a light when created?  Any help appreciated.  I have found very little help from Chief Architect's website.  Another thing, I get no shadows in my 3d views.  Thanks

Do you have shadows on in the edit>preferences>render panel Eraser ? cant you flip the fixture right side up in sketchup and reimport ? In HD titles I don't think it is possible to set attributes on import like you can in Chief however.

Triblaco , sorry not much help but have you checked the Render panel for options too eg soft shadows etc