Duplicating rooms?

Kirkbride

New User here, looking for a way to create templates of rooms so I could just "paste" a room anywhere...

Example:

A simple 4x4 closet for secondary rooms..... Will be using it for 3 rooms all of them will have 2 exterior walls, and 2 interior walls with a standard size door....I want to be able to create just 1 and the copy and paste that for the other rooms.... IF this can be done I also need to know if I can rotate the room once pasted so that I don't have exterior walls inside the house.

If you really want to do this, you would make a plan file to create the room template you wanted to have, giving it a name like "Living Room.plan", then another one called "W.I.C..plan" etc. When you want to insert an entire room into another plan you could select the template room using the "Edit Area-All Floors" command, then "Copy" that selection set. Then you toggle to the target plan and use the "Edit - Paste" command to place the template room copy into your target plan. The only problem might come in terms of the "copy paste" command does not also "Copy-Paste" any default settings from one plan to another. Just the objects get copy-pasted.            

With that in mind, give it a try. I personally think it to be a waste of time and an effort not to learn how to use the software's tools and procedures.

DJP