Missing ceilings

rfcomm2k

Have a pole barn structure in which I have added 2 small rooms, a bathroom and a foyer at the rear of structure.

Original structure has no ceiling but the ceiling height is 180 1/2". At rear the ceiling height is 130 1/8".

The two rooms are to be framed with 8' walls. When I drew the interior walls as needed, one wall extended the full height to the roofline. The other walls remained at the normal height. I then clicked inside each room and tweaked the ceiling height and checked the Ceiling over this room box and added a 5/8: ceiling finish. The space above the ceiling will be used for storage.

In camera view the ceiling is missing. I checked the display options and everything needed to display a ceiling is checked.

So, why did the first wall extend itself all the way to the roof, and why is the ceiling missing?

Is this yet another case in which I will need to manually place framing members to "simulate" a part of the structure that should (in my opinion) exist already?

because it assumes you want walls at the same height as the existing walls/floor defaults , normally if you know you want a mezzanine floor you build the structure as a two story structure with an open below area on the second floor where you want the two story height .

you will find other posts here is you search mezzanine  but here is a KB Article too:

http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00210/

M.