Roof Condition @ Corner of Structure

Harthoss

I'm new to HD Architectural 2018 and am a previous user of a 2009 version of CA. 

I'm trying to create a roof like in the attached image. This means the adjacent exterior walls have differing heights (I'm pretty sure I cannot simply define different heights to walls in the same room). The shallow pitch side of the roof is 3.5/12 and the deep pitch is 10/12. The auto-generated roof creates a large 3ft + overhang instead of treating it like the image. The online videos show that I may be able to modify the height of a roof plane but I'm gathering I can't do it with Architectural 2018.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

File Aug 30, 4 14 09 PM.jpeg

Architectural has severe limitations relative to custom roofs and direct editing of roof planes. Chief Premier and Home Designer Pro have the necessary tools to emulate what you are showing, Architectural, Suite, Interiors and Essentials do not have that capability, sorry.

DJP

With roofs, like many things in the software, we need to consider the entire structure, because seemingly disconnected changes can effect other areas of the roof.

I worked with the side wall, but doing something similar to the rear wall may also work.

Set the side wall roof overhang to 0.

Create a room outside (you can see its floor -- make it Open Below etc to make it disappear) and lower the ceiling height. Set the end wall to Full Gable.

ht1.thumb.jpg.29e79335ce26428eec8ee320e51f2d00.jpg