Why can't I see posts?

MikeBaldus

I have added posts under an exterior stair landing but I can't figure out how to get them to appear in the elevation view. Help?  See the posts and round slabs off the south side of building.

BTW I have the display of stairs turned off while I work on the supporting posts.  And I'm working in this order because the location of the AC units is non-negotiable but the stair landing can be adjusted so the posts will miss the AC units.  After I get the posts located to miss the AC units I will move the stair landing (and adjust posts) as needed.

How do I make the posts appear in camera view?

Gratefully,

Mike

300 Franklin-Proposed.plan

Apologies, I should have mentioned that I have "Framing, Posts" turned on in Layer Display Options.

Yes, I used Build>Framing>Post to make them so they are framing members.

Thanks for the tip, I can see them in Framing Overview.  I wonder what the program writers had in mind to allow a user to draw exterior stairways and be able to show the complete picture in elevation views?  Any permit official will want to see a drawing of the stairway complete with however I mean to support it.

Ooh!  Major learning moment!  I didn't know that!  I missed that along the way.

I just tried creating a camera view, going to Layer Display Options, and sure enough found Framing, Posts turned off.  I played with things, and am happy to see that my display options are saved across all camera views.

Many thanks Eric!