MarkLarson

I have a slab on grade and want to detail an insulated slab.  Attached is a detail of what I'm trying to do. There will be 2x4 sleepers with T&G subfloor on top.  Walls will be framed on top of this platform.  I tried specifying 2 base plates but I can't set different dimensions for each.  I tried creating a new Floor 1 but that messed up Layout drawings.  I tried setting the Floor Platform to be thicker but that just makes the slab thicker.  

Thanks for the help!

BSI059_Figure_04_web2.jpg

39 minutes ago, MarkLarson said:

I tried creating a new Floor 1 but that messed up Layout drawings. 

What did it do?

I'd use a 1-1/2" high floor with walls and structure changed to show only what is needed.

This will elevate the 2nd floor the correct amount, and keep the overall structure dimensions correct.

In any case, you will need to create a detail like your image.

Thanks Eric,

When I add a new First Floor of 1-1/2" this sets my original floor to the Second Floor.  The problem is I didn't insulate the floor of the attached garage or the porches.  On the Layout for my floor plan, it wouldn't show the garage and porches on the same Layout as the "actual" first floor because the actual first floor is now the second floor.  If HD Pro isn't able to do detail this insulated floor I'm working on that's fine.  I've been extremely impressed with the program and understand some of the non-standard details are probably better managed in the full version of Chief Architect. 

26 minutes ago, MarkLarson said:

How do you get both the garage (1st fl) and the main level (2nd fl) to show on the same floor plan in a Layout view?

You don't. I can do it with Chief, but not an option in Pro.

The other way is to put the garage on the 2nd floor and not have a first floor under it. You will (maybe) need to fiddle with the structure settings for things like a curb in the garage if it's needed.

ht1.thumb.jpg.ef2738b93f1af703c41a2d3958e2e701.jpg