Plant viewingin 3d

KittiKorners

44 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

IF you have "3D Plants" in your Library Browser or you can download such a library from the Home Designer website you can then place a fully 3D plant symbol in your plan that will not look "flat' from different angles. What software do you have?

DJP

Pro 2018;  Library browser does not seem to have this; there's one in Bonus content  but It's not free & one doesn't know if it will work til it's paid for lol

You can also try 3DWarehouse.com to see if there are any useful 3D plant symbols there, just beware that those symbols are "FREE" but they have no quality control either, so quality wise you are on your own. Symbols you download there are then imported into HD Pro as symbols (look in the "File-Import Symbol" area). If you want fully 3D plants you do what you must, OK?

DJP

6 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

You can also try 3DWarehouse.com to see if there are any useful 3D plant symbols there, just beware that those symbols are "FREE" but they have no quality control either, so quality wise you are on your own. Symbols you download there are then imported into HD Pro as symbols (look in the "File-Import Symbol" area). If you want fully 3D plants you do what you must, OK?

DJP

12 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

DJP

I'll try it  but you'd think in Pro that you wouldn't need to go else where and certainly that things wouldn't completely disappear in 3d top view, vases, plants, fire... is that normal?

Went to a different plan to experiment; did exactly as you did and threw in an armchair for good measure, all from the same Wayfair Trade catalogue as a control;

the only thing I see in top view is the armchair:( tried both the full and floor cameras just in case

How do I post an image? Do I attach a file?

I really appreciate your interest in helping btw:)

Sorry for delay, I have trouble with files etc lol; nicely staged one has too many MB but you should get the idea with this one; there are plants (mostly from Chief Architect) & an armchair on the floor b!ut you'll see that the hanging basket and calla lilies (both CA) are visible! Maybe not all items have the same capability?

1 hour ago, solver said:
On 8/16/2017 at 3:20 PM, KittiKorners said:

I'll try it  but you'd think in Pro that you wouldn't need to go else where and certainly that things wouldn't completely disappear in 3d top view, vases, plants, fire... is that normal?

There are 2 of the same table, and 3 of the same chair in your plan.

No vases or flowers.

On 8/16/2017 at 3:20 PM, KittiKorners said:

That as a terrific idea, thank you, DJP!