Real-Time Dimensions

AZ_Artist

I started a new plan and found the automatic dimensions and object labels seriously annoying, as they were cluttering up my screen.  I made the mistake of trying to turn off the automatic dimensions.  All I wanted to do is to suppress the object labels, but now, when I draw a new wall, the real-time dimension that displays as you're drawing the line no longer appear.  Can someone tell me how to turn it back on?

Most everything you can see visually (or not) is located in a dialog called "Display Options" where all objects in the software are located alphabetically in that dialog where you can check them to be "on" (visible) or "off" (not visible). Each camera type has its OWN "Display Options" that controls what you see and do not see per camera type. So there is one for Plan Views and each camera type. You have lots to learn to really enjoy using what you bought, there is lots of free help found under the "Help" main menu where you will find links to the "Reference Manual", Help Files, Video Tutorials, and other useful data. Check it out!

DJP

Thanks David.  I've been using the help quite a bit, actually.  One thing that gets me, though...  I looked up Suppress Labels because I didn't want to see the object numbers when I added items to the plan. The help text says "Select Suppress All Labels to display no label in floor plan view."

Only problem is...  It doesn't explain just where to select it.  I still haven't been able to find it.  I have to open each object individually, go to the Label tab and uncheck the Suppress Label checkbox. I've got a pretty good plan going, but obviously still have a lot to learn.  Like how to add a landing at the top of the outside stairway going up to the Widow's Walk over the garage. Working on it.