Moving/Re-dimensioning Interior Walls.

DylanA

(In Home Designer Architectural 2018) When moving or re-dimensioning exterior walls the dimensioning tool allows you to determine from which point you want to move or adjust the wall ie from the right. left, or center.  Why don't we have the same functionality with moving interior walls?  Is there an order of operations that I'm missing that I should follow which will allow me to do this?  Is there a setting somewhere that I need to change?  Anyone else running into this issue?  Thanks for any feedback.  

Thanks, I did include the particular software and year I'm using at the beginning of the post but thanks I'll edit my account settings to reflect this.  And, yes, that's what I'm referring to except when I click on my interior wall tool it doesn't give me those options.  Is there a way to change that?  Thanks for the help.  

I checked my copy of Suite and it works like Chief Premier as shown in the image.

Could you post a screen capture showing what you are seeing?

I used exterior walls to enclose a room, then drew in 2 interior walls in a corner forming a 2nd room.

What I found was that if the dimension is within the smaller room itself it wouldn't allow me determine where to set the dimension 'anchor' at, but if I put the dimension within a larger area it would.  Strange.  And, I see that in your example your dimension is within the larger room as well.  I'll start by trying to keep the dimensions outside the room when possible but I find this a little odd.  

Interiorwall3.PNG

Interirorwall2.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, Finally I found a place where I can share my problem of home decor. I am also a housewife and I lived in the USA. And in summers sunlight is the big issue here. And I want suggestion regarding that, what should I do to prevent my house from sunlight. My best friend told me about the window tinting services in the the USA, I am looking for  home window tinting for my house and I found the service of tint guy and I am very happy with their services. If anyone is facing same problem like me they can check this link: http://www.thetintguy.com/

You can select a wall and then move it with your keyboard arrow keys, setting the increment of move in General Plan Defaults, you can simply drag wall objects inside or out but the best method is using dimensions to make precise object moves and edits. It just requires some Reference Manual study and then practice to get the hand-eye coordination down.

DJP