Save a Picture File in the Plan file?

TomEll

HD 2015 Pro. New user. Existing hardcopy plan (2' x 3') has been placed in the floorpan and resized appropriately.  I now want to save the resized picture as part of the Plan, as per this doc, where it says:

On the Line Style panel of the the Picture File Box Specification (Or PDF Box Specification) dialog, note that the selected picture is located on the "CAD, Default" layer, then click the Define button to the right of the Layer drop-down list.

Problem is, my Line Style dialogue doesn't show CAD or Default Layer of a Define button?

How do I save this picture as part of my Plan and how do I make the picture a distinct layer that I can view/hide at will?

Thanks, Solver.   Signature line updated.

FYI . . . searching thru the Help System assumes I know the terminology of HD Pro 2015, which I don't. I have found the User Guide and Reference Guide to be most helpful at my experience level. YouTube is great IF the video is for the exact version of the CA product I own. (You can guess how I discovered this!). Knowledge Base is underutilized so far. I'll get familiar with it.

Disappointing about the layering missing in my version. Just as well, I suppose . . . less complexity for me to manage. I'll look for a way to hide the picture of the floorpan after I've traced it. Surely CA has anticipated this need and has an elegant solution, even for my "lowly" $500 HD version!

Hoping things go faster now that I can start tracing.

3 hours ago, solver said:

I'll suggest you use Transform/Replicate to move it off to one side of the drawing. Move it 200', for example.

Did you notice this in my reply above?

Do you understand what I'm suggesting? 

This is the simplest way of getting the drawing out from under your plan, while keeping it easily available.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2017 at 1:17 AM, solver said:

Did you notice this in my reply above?

Do you understand what I'm suggesting? 

This is the simplest way of getting the drawing out from under your plan, while keeping it easily available.

Thanks, Solver.  Yes, I noticed and understand. Good idea. I decided to Save the traceable PNG (or was it my PDF?) as a separate plan, which I can open in a new tab whenever needed. Seems to work well at this point. I've traced and am now challenged by a silly gable that I can't create. I'll start another thread for that.