Changing Wall Heights on attached garage

cooldood

Hello everyone, I am hoping I can get some help for what seems like should be a simple problem.

I have an attached garage on my plan.   The house has two floors and everything is ok.  However the garage has two floors which I do not want.  How can I fix the garage to just one floor?

Home Designer Architectural 2018

build 19.3.0.49x64

House3.plan

That roof device is called a "roof cricket" and if it is not there your roof will leak at some time due to the presence of a "Dead valley". If you want the gable to extend, you merely manually extend it IF you have Home Designer Pro, with Architectural, Suite, Essentials or Interiors there is NOTHING you can do about that to extend the gable line.

DJP

After you have deleted the 2nd floor garage walls, repair the 2nd floor house walls (at the corner) with exterior walls.
Then try this:
On floor 1, set the garage walls as "separate" from the house, as shown.  Remember to set the front and rear garage walls as 'gable'.
Add a new room, as shown.  Follow the settings.
When the roof is correct, turn off auto rebuild roof.  You can then rejoin the garage walls to the house, and delete the extra room.
For water drainage, easiest way to add a cricket (in this case), is to use an isometric wedge (library shape), as shown.

roof settings.JPG

roof fix.JPG

isometric wedge.JPG

• Upvote 1

Ok now I finally figured out what my problem is.  All I had to do is ask my and she gave me a whole list.  Unfortunately none of them had anything to do with this drawing :huh:

The issue is ( i think) is when i create the roof it adds to the walls so I get a full second floor when really the the short end of the walls should really be at floor level. and therefore I would not need the cricket

Home Designer Architectural 2018 build 19.

This is what I am trying to recreate so how do  I now fix my roof?  

Do I have to start with deleting all the second floor interior walls?

Thanks again for all your help

20170716_144957.jpg

Looking at your elevation picture, you have misrepresented the entire house roof structure in the plan that you posted.

That changes everything.

Read up on 'story and a half' roofs in the knowledge base, and focus on getting the main house roof correct first (front gable and dormer included).

You have a lot of fixing to do.

cooldood roof.JPG