Ceiling with 4 vaulted/pitched walls

dbritti

Hello! Thanks in advance for any help. I'm trying to recreate this vaulted ceiling where all 4 walls are slighted pitched with beams lining the corners and a tray capping the top. 

IMG_3026.thumb.JPG.9066472400f044ae5b81538613997da9.JPG

I'm using Home Designer Pro 2018.

In Pro you use "Ceiling Planes" tool to create interior vaults like that beneath the roof plane system. Read the Reference Manual section about how to work with custom "Ceiling Planes" and then go for it. They are found under the "Build Menu" in the "Roof" category.

DJP

THanks for the introduction to ceiling planes!  I'm new to the Pro version of Home Design so eperiment with those helps.  Now how to create decorative ceiling beams that follow the wall seams in the picture I posted initially?  Soffits only seem to follow a straight horizontal line but I need them to start in the corner and angle up.  Jo_Ann's picture clearly shows it can be done!

It is a limitation of Home Designer Pro that is built in. Soffits as you can see are only straight. You will either need to make your trims in Sketch Up and import into Pro or upgrade to Chief Architect Premier that has a 3D molding poly-line tool for such trim applications. Sketch Up is free and not terribly hard to learn but does have a learning curve. Your Choice to make.

DJP