High Shed/Gable Roof woes

solver

Image 1 shows part of the plan in question. Highlighted wall at lower left is marked High Shed/Gable Roof. Wall to right is unbroken the length of the building and is not marked High Shed/Gable Roof. The wall extending from the break is a Full Gable, as is the wall to the right where the shed roof is ending.

Image 2 shows the problem. The tan sided part should not be there.

Image 3 shows what it should look like, minus the high shed wall.

Ideas?

The "High Shed/Gable Roof." command is designed to do exactly what is shown in image #2 (that is what it is specifically for). To get image #3 you just set the ceilng height a little lower than the rooms to the left and right or make that room narrower  and that will force the roofs lower. My advice is to just set the ceilng height a little lower until you get the look you want. "High Shed Gable " command is for creating a shed roof and nothiing else.

It is very easy to miss your point with limited information and if I have done so, I am sorry but based on just what you said and showed and I am guessing that you want image #3 as a result.

DJP

• Upvote 1

Thanks David. 

Should have been more clear. In image 3, I want to make the raised roof on the left a High Shed Gable. The only wall marked High Shed/Full Gable is the front wall of this section as shown below.

Image 2 shows this, but the roof has incorrectly extended over the dropped center section as shown by the tan siding. 

The attached image shows the interior wall for the raised area has built correctly.

Thanks Jo_Ann

I'm trying to keep the roof in a single plane on the back side. Here is a view of the entire structure.

Second image shows the roof prior to switching to a shed. I lowered the ceiling height to match the rest of the structure, broke the front wall, added High Shed/Full Gable to the front wall and rebuilt the roof.

I could fix manually, but trying to figure out how to get the program to do it.