Changing Line Weights

Crashmo

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to change the line weight of my roof planes.  No matter where I make the attempt, the line weight I see on the screen remains the same, about 18.  I've tried to uncheck layers in the object box as well as change the display properties.  No matter what I do, the line weight that I see on the screen will not change.  I cannot find any related titles in the defaults or preferences.  I've done a search here for line weights and changes and tried most of the suggested to no avail.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Bill

HD Pro 2017

I opened my copy of Home Designer Pro 2017, created a roof plane manually, then opened its dialog. I then went to its "Line Style" tab but FIRST I turned on the "Show Line Weight Tool" so I could evaluate any changes, zoomed in on a Roof Plane edge, then using the "Line Style" tab I changed the line style and color as well as the line wieght, easy-peesy.

You can make global line weight changes by way of "Display Options" by layer where you can also change line color, weight, style of any layer that is displayed there.Check it out please.

DJP

• 3 years later...

Crashmo's input is very helpful. I also couldn't change the line weight, very annoying. This feature should be extremely straight forward for users. Developers need improvement? Or make a demo video?

Solution:

1) Preferences -> "Appearance" -> "show line weight" click checkbox

2) Preferences -> "Appearance" -> "Minimum Display Weight", set to 2 (for example, could be other), the default is 0. If this number is still 0, no matter what you do, the line weight is still no change.

But I have another problem, even the line weight changes in plan, but if I sent it to layout for printing, the line weight is still no change again. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Emily