Stair Knee wall

chadkee

I am very new to using the software.  I am using HD Pro 2018.  I have spent days trying to figure out what is probably simple answers.   I don't want to bother anyone but hoping you guys can help me out.  I am designing a basement and you will see in the photo that I have an open staircase at the end or bottom of the stairs.  I am trying to figure out how to do this properly.  I want to be able to show Iron Pickets with wood handle.  The stairs treads will be box treads with a small knee wall on the open side.  the pickets will come directly out of the knee wall with trim on it.  I cannot figure out how to even get the wall to continue under the stairs.  Any help is appreciated.  I will attach the plans that I am working on and an example of a different project the shows stairs and railing like I am trying to show in the plan.

Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 9.32.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 9.37.55 PM.png

The program does not do this natively, so you need to trick it.

There are multiple ways to do this, and the attached plan shows one.

There are 2 stairs, one with no railings, and a narrow one, hidden in the railing wall to provide the railing. I did this to get the newel out past the first tread, as the software wants to build the newel into that first tread.

Pay attention to the railing wall and how it's defined. I set it to No Room Definition, and No Locate.

Don't know how this will work where the stair has multiple sections.

Another way is to use solids like the shapes found in the library -- search for wedge, and/or a custom backsplash.

A custom backsplash may be placed and shaped in elevation. Redefine it to be the thickness of your wall, make one for the wall cap etc.

Try out some of these ideas, and post back with questions.

chadkee stair 1.plan