How to specify which rooms get second floor

jimscelz

I've got two rectangles joined on the short side and I'd like one rectangle to be one story and the other to be two story.  When I add a floor it always adds a second floor to both rectangles.  How do I specify which rectangle the added floor should be applied to?

Software is not magical, rather it is merely like a pencil or pen for you to wield. You create a second floor and then delete the walls you do not need and want. There is a "Reference Floor" tool for making sure your walls line up. floor to floor. You just work with the software's automatic tools and then manually hone it down to what you need and want. The program's automaticity is both a blessing and a curse from the standpoint that it is not always "right", that is where you come in to make it right in the end.

DJP

If all you have so far is two rectangles, add the second floor by clicking Build New Floor, then select Derive new x Floor plan from the y Floor plan. Then click OK

Now, press F9 to show the reference floor and move up to the floor level you just created. Now, click and drag the wall you want to move so it aligns with the correct wall below. 

I've got an old two story gable roof barn... 40'Lx36'Wx17'H.  I want to butt up to the gable end of the barn with a new structure that has 12' walls and only one floor.  The problem is when I add a floor (to model the existing barn) the program adds a floor over the new structure so that there is a continuous gable roof from the barn onto the new structure... I want the roof on the new structure to be stepped down and butt into the gable wall of the barn.  Thanks

11 hours ago, solver said:

You don't specify. Either build a blank 2nd floor and draw in you own walls, or delete the unwanted walls the program created.

What don't you understand about this?

I'm not trying to be difficult, but your answer is in that one sentence.